Friday, September 6, 2013

House bound and frustrated!

This week started off really well. I went to my weekly weigh in and I was delighted to be down 2lbs! I got my 2nd stone and my 28lb cert so I was thrilled! Even more so, I was very happy that I was down after being away on holidays. Holidays are normally a disaster for me, so I was very proud that I managed to have a loss. I walked out of weigh in with my head held high and was determined to have a great week this week.


I walked the dog around the block on Wednesday morning, came home, had a shower and was in the middle of French braiding my hair when something in my shoulder and neck "went". I was stuck, home alone, with my left arm above my head and in absolute agony! I tend to dislocate joints pretty easily..my knees go very regularly, ankles have been known to pop too..and on lesser occasions my toes! So, as I was sitting with my arm above my head I thought my shoulder had popped. I managed to lower my arm, and as I did I realised the pain was stemming from my neck and shoulder and that my shoulder was indeed still in its socket!

So, since Wednesday I have been laid up on my sofa or in bed. I caved in and went to the Doctor yesterday and I have apparently badly pulled a muscle in my neck & shoulder! BRAIDING MY HAIR!! Not cycling or jogging, but doing my hair! It sounds pretty pathetic! Even my Doctor laughed at me when I told him how I had ended up in such a mess!


As you can imagine, this has put a bit of a halt to my activity this week. I was hoping to keep up the momentum for my walking but I've had to be realistic. I'm on a pretty strong mix of anti inflammatory and muscle relaxants in a bid to relax the muscle enough to make the pain ease off so walking is out of the question.  As a result I am having to be extra careful with my food and make sure I stay on programme. I was prepared on Tuesday & I made a massive pot of zero point soup. This has lasted me the week for all of my lunches and as a result I haven't had to think about what to have at all. I have also been having easy dinners, ones my hubby can manage to make! I have also been drinking around 5 litres of water a day to try and make sure I am staying plenty hydrated.


I have had to just remember that Weight Watchers isn't a race, and we will all face road blocks every now and again. This is only temporary and hopefully next week I will be back on my feet and able to take on the world again.


For now, I am going to enjoy a few days of TLC and sofa rest,
 and try to not eat all around me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment