Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dust yourself off and keep going.


After my last blog, you can imagine I was expecting to have a loss at weigh in this week. I walked hard, I ate well and I was feeling fairly optimistic. As the week progressed my self belief took a bit of a nose dive as my stomach issues flared up. I have been suffering with celiac like symptoms for a while now, and my Dr & I have been trying to figure out what it is that I'm eating that upsets my stomach. Despite a recent blood test coming back negative for celiac, after a visit to the Dr this week we agreed I would be better off trying a gluten free diet to see if that helps my stomach at all. Being able to show him my WW tracker & being able to say I got sick after eating this etc really was helpful. I've also been diagnosed with IBS which isn't helping matters either!




I went from feeling confident to feeling worried and as weigh in approached I knew I was going to be up. My stomach was very bloated, and despite all my hard work, I knew the scales weren't going to go in my favour. I could have ran away and just written the week off, which believe me did cross my mind around an hour before weigh in, but I knew I needed to weigh in, draw a line under it and start again. I stepped on the scales and I was up one lb. To say I wasn't gutted would be a total lie, but I knew I had done everything right and that this just wasn't my week. I took a deep breath, picked myself up and dusted myself off and this week I’m starting again.




It can be the most frustrating thing in the world when you know you are doing the best that you can do, trying to be more healthy and it just doesn't seem to be paying off. Previously a weigh in like that could have sent me into a spiral of self pity. I could have bought a big tub of Ben & Jerry’s and eaten my way through it in one sitting, but not this time. I decided to take ownership of the result on the scales, and allow it to spur me on rather than hold me back. There may have been a number of reasons I was up, but it doesn't matter now. I am continuing to do the best that I can do, and I am hoping that I will see a result in the coming weeks. I know I can do this, I am determined that I will succeed and if it takes me longer than expected...that's ok too because I WILL get there in the end. I think my attitude is so much healthier recently. Before I would have blamed everything else for me being up, but now I know that regardless of the cause, I am going to continue to work flippin' hard to get the weight off me. I am focused at moving forward and I am not going to let anything hold me back. There will be weeks where life gets in the way, where an event gets in the way or where I just stumble..but this week I just keep thinking that I have to dust myself off and keep going.


After my gain I was feeling really gross and was convinced that the ONE lb was showing. How silly is that? I was forgetting about the other 52lbs I have lost to date and only focusing on that 1lb I gained. I am my own worst enemy and I really beat myself up. I loose focus on all my hard work up the date and focus only on the one negative thing. I had taken my dogs for our 3km march around the block the other day and in a rather gross state I popped into my local, tiny "an siopa" to get a bottle of water. Feeling rather disgusting walking back to my house, I was knocked back when my local hair dresser commented on how well I was looking and how much weight I had lost. We had a good chat and I was really motivated after speaking with her as she was really encouraging. It hit me then, that even after a bad week and in my sweaty state, all my hard work is starting to show. If that didn't spur me on, I don't know what will!


I am determined, I am focused and I am the one in control. No pity parties here..I am going to do this and I will keep moving forward!

Bring on next week!
Scales...it's me and you....bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment